Compass Group is your one-stop-shop for land development services that are tailored to meet the ever-changing needs and demands of the market, both private and public.
We specialize in understanding and dealing with coastal developments and the many challenges of meeting jurisdictional requirements, e.g. Florida Department of Environmental Protection, FEMA, and Coastal Construction Control Line (CCCL). In addition, our company will assist:
- The investor/investor group seeking a developmental opportunity in real estate.
- Established businesses seeking opportunities to expand in current or new locations.
- The entrepreneur's vision of building or modifying a facility for new business operations.
Compass Group's passion, experience, and unique understanding of the development process gives our clients leverage in creating the best value for their vision. Facilitating a process to develop our client’s vision and identifying limitations for a project is imperative to meeting and exceeding our client's expectations.
SITE EVALUATION AND SELECTION
Compass will be your partner in the site evaluation process by ensuring thorough due diligence of those sites meeting the needs of the project by providing essential information for your decision-making process.
- Feasibility of the site to meet the client's criteria in location and available area for operations (near-term and long-term needs).
- Infrastructure availability and or needs. Assuring land-use provisions are in place or can be gained for our business plan.
- Determine a schedule of delivery of the entire project from current to completion.
- Preparation of a study of costs to include all soft and hard expenditures to project completion.
- Complete financial planning for the scope of the project.
Our experience and passion of understanding the entire development and permitting process is a noted strength of Compass Group. Compass has been the leader of different jurisdictional efforts to improve its land development and permitting processes in Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. We will define the process if it is unclear to avoid obstacles to best value and timely developments. When there is no defined process, we will work with local and state agencies to develop a process—even when it requires a first-time non-conventional method to success. We anticipate agency issues and prevent the back and forth process with government and/or its agencies. Processing entitlements thoroughly is key to the management of risk for our projects. Compass Group and the assembled team directly handle the essentials to the land entitlements process such as:
- Ensuring entitlements are conditioned to the final acquisition of lands.
- Future land use amendments.
- Developments of regional impact (DRI).
- Comprehensive plan amendments.
- Declaration of zoning, changes in zoning, variance, conditional use.
- Master development agreements with jurisdictions.
- Development agreements with state agencies and utilities.
- Right-of-way abandonments or improvements.
- Activating necessary easements and or abandoning easements.
DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
Compass Group has exercised this service most extensively over its history with a multitude of successful projects. We are the single point of contact for the management and coordination of all the professional services necessary for the project's scope and exposure, including engineering and architecture. We assemble an experienced team organized to meet our client's needs, providing the best possible value and the professional discipline required for the success of the project. We have proven experience with jurisdictions and governing agencies, allowing for streamlined productivity. Our relationships with strategically and competitively selected consultants bring value to our clients, empowering them with informed decision-making throughout the project. Our services during this phase may include:
- Conceptual development of project with in-progress budget management.
- Design development to meet budgets established in the pro-forma and business plans.
- Process and expedite permitting with local, state and federal agencies.